Volunteer and join 'Friends of Hopwood Hall Estate'
Date published: 07 November 2017
Photo: The photo is from a book ‘Hopwood Hall 1250-1963’ by C. S. MacDonald. Published in 1963
Aerial view of Hopwood-Hall Estate, Middleton
An invitation is being extended to all those who would like to actively participate in supporting the restoration of The Hopwood Hall Estate to join a volunteer gathering.
There will be discussions in relation to other opportunities available, including the newly formed group 'Friends of Hopwood Hall Estate'.
An overview of the project will be presented and form dedicated volunteer groups will be formed, focused on the categories below:
- General volunteering.
- Community outreach/education and training: Working with local community residents, groups, schools colleges and voluntary organisations.
- Administration: Assisting with emailing, administrative functions and organisation of future Volunteer and 'Friends of...' project meetings.
- Bid writing/grants: To research grants available with various organisations.
- Fundraising and sponsorships.
- Heritage research
- Construction operations: Carpentry, joinery, bricklaying, roofing, tiling, plastering, painting, decorating, groundwork, general labouring.
- Facilities: General cleaning/tidying up in and around the Hall.
- Gardening: Assisting with planting and preparation for winter and spring, working in collaboration with the students of Hopwood Hall College.
- Rose garden area.
- Marketing/media activity: Promotion of events, preparing and generating Hopwood Hall Estate newsletters for distribution, assisting with media activity.
To confirm your attendance and which of the volunteering categories are of interest make contact as soon as possible via.
Friends of Hopwood Hall Estate meeting, 12.00pm - 2.00pm, Saturday 18 November at Middleton Masonic Hall, Manchester Old Road, Middleton, M24 4DY.