Kevin Gibbs new Musical Director at Middleton Band
Date published: 08 November 2017
Kevin Gibbs has taken over the reins as Musical Director at Middleton Band ready for the festive season.
Mr Gibbs worked with the band earlier in the year to prepare for the area contest.
He recently agreed to help out again, leading the band to second place from a strong field of ten very good local bands at the Rochdale contest.
He has now decided to continue to working with the band full time.
A band spokesperson said: "Kevin has not just been a big hit with the band, but with audience members too who have given us lots of positive feedback on our new appointment, our playing, programme and Kevin's jokes.
"The band is now eagerly anticipating moving forward together into the upcoming festive season."
The band will be spreading Christmas cheer at a range of events starting with two community Christmas concerts that will feature festive fun for all the family:
- 1 December at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, Wood Street, Langley, Middleton, 7.15pm.
Featuring performances from Middleton Band, St Mary's Choir and St John Fisher School band.
Tickets £3 on the door.
- 3 December 2017 at St Stephen's Church, High Street, Middleton M24 6DX, 7.30pm.
Featuring performances from Middleton Band and Middleton Youth Band.
Tickets £4 on the door, 'Friends of Middleton Band' get in free.
The band is also on the lookout for a couple of talented cornet players - applications can be made in confidence to:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 4Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds