Langley Theatre Workshop need your ‘Bags of Help’
Date published: 09 November 2017
The Langley Theatre Workshop is now one of the three Bags of Help charities that you can vote for in all Middleton Tesco stores until 1 January 2018.
Founded in 1996, Langley Theatre Workshop is a Community Arts Organisation based on the Langley estate in Middleton.
Georgina Jacques, of the Langley Theatre Workshop, said: “We are now in all Tesco Middleton Stores, including The Express’s, and we need you to cast your magic blue tokens our way.
“We are desperate for funding to keep Langley Theatre Workshop going as we provide so many activities for all ages, day trips, events and sprinkle happiness around our township with all we do.
“It would mean the world to me if all my dear friends and family can help us out and vote for us with your blue tokens.”
Tesco teamed up with Groundwork to launch the monthly roll-out of its funding scheme, which sees grants of £5,000, £2,000 and £1,000 – all raised from the 5p bag levy, being awarded to local outdoor community projects. Since launching in 2015, Bags of Help has awarded more than £33 million across more than 6,400 local projects in 600 communities.
Each time you shop you will be offered a blue token at the checkout and be able to vote for your favourite project, which change every other month.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park