Rochdale Round Table raise £11,000 running through mud
Date published: 10 November 2017
Rochdale Round Table complete the Tough Mudder challenge
Nine members of Rochdale Round Table, including Chairman Christian Morris completed the Tough Mudder challenge earlier this year which involved twelve miles of mud, twenty-three obstacles and more mud.
They finished it in a very respectable four hours but more importantly raised over £11,000 for Christian's chosen charity ‘Children With Cancer UK’.
Jon Geldard, Rochdale Round Table said: “We are now preparing for the annual “Christmas Can Collection” which starts at the beginning of December.
“Last year we collected nearly two tonnes of food and donated it to the Food Bank.
“We also raised nearly £600 for charity over those two weeks too.
“Hopefully, the kind donations will continue this year and the Tablers can hand over even more food to the Food Bank.”
Father Christmas on his sled will be giving sweets to the children, and we will be playing Christmas songs along with volunteers collecting the food.
Collections start at 6.30pm and we will be visiting:
Monday 4 December Caldershaw
Tuesday 5 December Clay Lane Area
Wednesday 6 December Shawclough
Monday 11 December Burnedge
Tuesday 12 December Nordale Park area
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn