Rotary Club of Middleton gears up for Christmas Float touring streets of Middleton
Date published: 10 November 2017
The Rotary Club of Middleton Christmas Float
The Rotary Club of Middleton is gearing up towards a busy time of year escorting Father Christmas around the streets of Middleton.
Plans have been drawn up and a new route, which includes Hollins, has been introduced.
In just over three weeks the float will be built ready for the two-and-a-half-week tour that so many children, (and indeed many parents) in Middleton look forward to.
Rotarian Keith Trinnaman is coordinating the Christmas float this year, he and his team have spent many weeks planning and gathering volunteers to help out for this period.
Keith said: “This a very rewarding time of the year for the club, it is wonderful to see the excited faces when Father Christmas visits and the public of Middleton look forward so much to this event which the club has been putting on for over 50 years now.
“The generosity of the Middleton people always amazes us, and we love to be able to plough these funds back into local groups and needy causes”.
This year’s programme of dates and times are:
The Rotary Club of Middleton Christmas Street Collections 2017 Project - Commences each evening at approximately 6.40pm at start point and finishes no later than 9.00pm.
- Tuesday 5 December: Durnford Street, Rectory Street, Mellalieu Street, Sepia Grove, Cinnabar Drive, Springfield Road, Parsons Drive, Towncroft Avenue, Kinder Way
- Wednesday 6 December: Woodlands Way, Dingle Hall Road, Woodfield Road, Meadow Road, Alkrington Hall Road South, Mainway, Rydal Avenue, Crow Hill South, Crow Hill North Kingsway
- Thursday 7 December: Farmway, Brierley Drive, Mount Road, St. Dominics Way, Savio Way, Brookbank Close, Kirkway, Conway Close, Penryhn Avenue, Ruthin Avenue, Orme Avenue
- Friday 8 December: Manor Road, Kingsway, Hardfield Road, Warwick Road, Gloucester Road, Cheltenham Road
- Monday 11 December: Worcester Road, Malvern Road, Boardman Fold Road, Evesham Road, Walsingham Avenue, Tenbury Drive, Brackley Drive
- Tuesday 12 December: Borrowdale Road, Windermere Road, Burnside Crescent, Newton Crescent, Millbeck Road, Fairbank Drive, Searness Road, Bowness Road
- Wednesday 13 December: John Lee Fold, Jubilee Road, Grove Road, Tennyson Road, Stanycliffe Lane, Acresfield Road, Rudyard Avenue, Guildford Grove, Boarshaw Road, Addison Drive, Boarshaw Crescent, Arnold Drive, Dale Road
- Thursday 14 December: Valley Road, Hereford Way, Summerfield Drive, Aylesbury Drive, Chelford Close, Glenwood Drive, Canterbury Crescent
- Friday 15 December: Abbotsford Drive, Cassidy Gardens, Bishop Marshal Way, Knight Crescent, Rimington Fold, Bishops Meadow, Rushcombe Fold, Tudor Grove, Wrigley Fold, Barrett Gardens, Creaton Way, Winwood Drive, HAzelhurst Road, Lyme Clough Way, Carrick Gardens, Oakway, Kielder Hill, Penrose Walk, Gilwood Drive
- Tuesday 19 December: Nowell Road, Sherbourne Road, Furness Road, Whalley Road, Tintern Road, Abbey Road, Hopwood Road
- Wednesday 20 December: Whiteley Drive, Neilson Close, Compton Way, David’s Farm Close, Albany Street, Wood Lane, Dane Bank
- Saturday 16 December: Tesco – Middleton, 9:00am - 8:00pm