Mind Charity Shop paying its respects
Date published: 10 November 2017
Mind Charity Shop
The Mind charity shop is paying its respects to Remembrance Sunday with a striking window display.
Sarah Hey, manager at the Mind Charity Shop said: “With Rochdale always having a great turnout to show their respect to Remembrance Sunday we have a 6ft poppy guarded by two soldiers as our window display this week to also show our respect and we’d like to tell people that our charity is there to help.
“Mind is a mental health charity which offers numerous much needed and much accessed services to the many people who need us.
“One of the many services we offer is one for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which we are seeing more and more ex forces personnel diagnosed with.
“To help us continue and improve the services we have our charity shops around the country, and we are always extremely grateful of donations.
“Our Mind charity shop is situated at the top end of Yorkshire Street on the left just past the entrance to the Wheatsheaf Centre.
“Donations can be dropped off right at the side of our shop, come through the front and there will always be one of our fantastic volunteers who can help you carry anything in.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park