Law Society Question Time comes to Rochdale Sixth Form College
Date published: 24 November 2017
Rochdale Sixth Form College students meet The President of the Law Society, Joe Egan
Students from Rochdale Sixth Form College met with The President of the Law Society, Joe Egan, as he hosted the Law Society Question Time at the College.
Mr Egan explained his role as President of the Law Society and the students asked questions, including what are the different routes into law.
Lindsey Britland, the President of the Rochdale Law Association, also took part in the question and answer session along with two other solicitors.
A level law student Philippa Brown said: “It was a very useful and insightful experience finding out in detail what the law is like in practice, along with some top tips on the best ways to enter the profession.”
Jenna Pinto, Rochdale Sixth Form subject leader for law, said: “‘It was a privilege to host the President’s Question Time and very important for our students to hear exactly what it is like to be a solicitor. It fuelled their aspirations to enter the legal profession and made them realise how important it is to achieve academically but also to develop their employability skills.’
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3Council cabinet members not prepared to serve under new leader
- 4Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 5Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares