Petrus strike gold
Date published: 27 November 2017
Denis Skelton, Petrus Coordinator
Petrus Community, a homelessness charity which provides residential and day services, was awarded Investors in People Gold Standard after being independently assessed.
In particular, Petrus was praised for its exceptionally strong core values which are shared and practiced by all of its staff.
Assessors also found numerous examples of employees developing within the organisation to meet their career ambitions.
Denis Skelton, Petrus Coordinator, said: “We are delighted to be recognised for investing in, and developing, our staff.
“IIP Gold is acknowledged internationally and demonstrates our commitment as an employer”.
Designed by world leading academics, practitioners and industry experts, Investors in People Standard is an internationally recognised accreditation held by 14,000 organisations worldwide
The Petrus Community operates in the Borough of Rochdale, Rossendale and Oldham.
Along with working to get homeless people off the street quickly, Petrus manages a range of supported housing services, a community store and a community garden, Petrus Incredible Edible Rochdale.
The charity also recently worked in partnership with Community Arts North West to produce the Hidden Tales of Rochdale digital art trail, giving a voice to those most vulnerable in society.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Richard Farnell resigns as Leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 3Opposition leaders respond to Council Leader’s resignation
- 4Letter: Time for Labour to ditch the tactics of Brett, Farnell and Emmott
- 5Keystone Properties and Rochdale Plastics named amongst employers failing to pay national minimum...