St Andrew's, Dearnley
Date published: 30 November 2017
St Andrew's, Dearnley has a big weekend in prospect, starting this Friday, 1 December, with a 'Light for Life' service at 7.00pm, in which we remember and pray for the faithful departed.
On the following day we celebrate the marriage of David and Janice, two of our regular worshippers who have both been heavily involved in church life for many years.
Holy Matrimony starts at noon and the whole church will share in the happy couple's big day, staying behind afterwards for afternoon tea in the parish room.
David is secretary of the PCC while Janice is involved in several aspects of church life, not least as chief organiser of one of our monthly fund-raising schemes.
Sunday, the first Sunday of Advent, will treble up as our Patronal Festival and Gift Sunday with Sung Eucharist at 9.30am and Sung Evensong at 6.00pm.
We celebrate St Andrew's Day with a big service at which we recognise our patron saint is on Sunday morning at 9.30am and our vicar, the Rev Rachel Battershell, has urged all worshippers to make a special effort to attend both services that day.
The Mothers Union have their Christmas party on Monday at 7.00pm and our Christmas Carol Service will be on Sunday, 17 December at 6.00pm.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3PC Gareth Roscoe final written warning for gross misconduct
- 4Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell
- 5Letter: How can we take Tony Lloyd seriously as our MP?