George and Audrey Howarth receive diamond wedding anniversary card from the Queen
Date published: 07 December 2017
George and Audrey Howarth are celebrating 60 years of marriage on 7 December
George and Audrey Howarth, of Barehill Street, Littleborough, have received a a surprise congratulations card from the Queen as they celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary.
The couple, who are celebrating 60 years of wedded bliss, married on 7 December 1957 when they were just 21 and 24.
George said: "It was such a surprise to receive the card from the Queen."
George, 84, and Audrey, 81, will be enjoying afternoon tea at the Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey with their family, Andrew and Diane. This will be followed by drinks in the evening with friends, and a surprise visit by their granddaughter Pippa, who is travelling home from university to see them for a couple of hours on this important day.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park