Sylvia Corfield celebrates her 105th birthday
Date published: 21 December 2017
Sylvia Corfield with Mayor Ian Duckworth on her 105th birthday
Sylvia Corfield, born in November 1912, recently celebrated her 105th birthday.
She received her annual card from the Queen on the day.
She also received a card from the Department of Working Pensions and the Mayor of Rochdale, Ian Duckworth, visited to make a special presentation to her.
Sylvia now has poor eye sight and attends the Rochdale and District Blind Welfare Society every Tuesday.
Keith Swift, a worker at the Blind Welfare Society, said: “Even though Sylvia has sight problems, she is always very active. You can always find her dancing. She is just lovely.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale man part of jailed heroin ring
- 2Two men charged with attempted murder following an axe attack
- 3Uproar as Fusilier Lee Rigby memorial in Woolwich removed by local council
- 4Uninsured driver let off lightly after splitting car in two
- 5Coroner rules misadventure as cause of death after woman fell off bridge