Sylvia Corfield celebrates her 105th birthday
Date published: 21 December 2017
Sylvia Corfield with Mayor Ian Duckworth on her 105th birthday
Sylvia Corfield, born in November 1912, recently celebrated her 105th birthday.
She received her annual card from the Queen on the day.
She also received a card from the Department of Working Pensions and the Mayor of Rochdale, Ian Duckworth, visited to make a special presentation to her.
Sylvia now has poor eye sight and attends the Rochdale and District Blind Welfare Society every Tuesday.
Keith Swift, a worker at the Blind Welfare Society, said: “Even though Sylvia has sight problems, she is always very active. You can always find her dancing. She is just lovely.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley