An enriching experience for Rochdale Sixth Form with Crescent Community Radio
Date published: 02 January 2018
Ahad Ali, Shahid Ali and Shehyaar Javaid
Three students from Rochdale Sixth Form were given the opportunity to learn about digital media during their placement at Crescent Community Radio.
Ahad Ali, Shahid Ali and Shehyaar Javaid volunteered at the station as part of their enrichment module for their course.
Producer Parveen Bibi said: “I was impressed with the students. They were hard-working, enthusiastic and quick learners, demonstrating qualities that employers look for.”
During their placement, the students gained practical experience in both recording and editing audio as they worked on the Kashmiri Lives project. Kashmiri Lives is a 12-month project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund to record, share and preserve the stories of the Kashmiri community in Greater Manchester across three generations.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley