An enriching experience for Rochdale Sixth Form with Crescent Community Radio
Date published: 02 January 2018
Ahad Ali, Shahid Ali and Shehyaar Javaid
Three students from Rochdale Sixth Form were given the opportunity to learn about digital media during their placement at Crescent Community Radio.
Ahad Ali, Shahid Ali and Shehyaar Javaid volunteered at the station as part of their enrichment module for their course.
Producer Parveen Bibi said: “I was impressed with the students. They were hard-working, enthusiastic and quick learners, demonstrating qualities that employers look for.”
During their placement, the students gained practical experience in both recording and editing audio as they worked on the Kashmiri Lives project. Kashmiri Lives is a 12-month project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund to record, share and preserve the stories of the Kashmiri community in Greater Manchester across three generations.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park