Reuse Littleborough’s ‘container of hope’ set to ship out in February
Date published: 05 January 2018
Local charity Reuse Littleborough has set a provisional date of Saturday 3 February for its ‘container of hope’ to be shipped to Mwanza in Tanzania.
The 40-foot container will be filled with eight tons of various goods that have been donated from across the UK, with the majority being donated from the local community.
Michael Bamford, who runs the group, said: “The date depends on all my boxes being ticked. We have had an incredible response from our 1,250 members with quality goods donated. We have even been given a fantastic swing for the bigger disabled children, who miss out on so much. It is in Scotland, 520 miles away, but we can do it.
“However, there are still some items that we can not get enough of, such as baby and children’s clothes and medicines, and things we would like more of, such as laptops and old phones, all anything for preschool aged children.”
Items still required include:
- Baby and children’s clothes, shoes
- Baby toiletries, wipes, nappy bags, sterilising tablets, shampoo, etc
- Toys, especially preschool, cars, dolls, figures, animals, dinosaurs, outdoor play, play food
- Children’s medicine, including nappy cream, sun cream, antihistamines, sun glasses, calpol, etc
- 'Bumbo’ seats ,’tumbleform’ seats
- Special needs equipment
- Tools, ladders, wheelbarrows
- Laptops and old phones
- Craft and office items
- All things preschool
The shop at Stevenson Square will be open for drop-offs on Saturday (6 January) from 10am – 4 pm.
Reuse Littleborough is run by volunteers at Stevenson Square in Smallbridge and aims to reuse many every day items that would otherwise end up in the bin.
Read more about the work Reuse Littleborough has done to date:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park