Friends of Hopwood Park after-school activity sessions to return
Date published: 09 January 2018
Children at a 2017 mobile play session at Hopwood Park
The after-school activity and play sessions organised by The Friends of Hopwood Park are set to return on Thursday 1 February.
The sessions, sponsored by Heywood Activities Partnership, were popular last year.
No booking is required, but parents must stay with their children. Snacks are provided.
Each session will cost just 50p per child, and will run every Thursday from 3.30pm - 5.15pm from 1 February until 29 March at St John's Scout Hut.
The fee will go towards the renovation of the bus shelter in the park, which is set to re-open in 2018 as The Tree House Café.
As part of its transformation, the building has undergone extensive repairs, including a new roof, windows, doors, and shutters plus all brickwork repairs and pointing. A new front door is to be fitted on Wednesday (10 January) and electricity will be connected in the next two weeks.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley