Friends of Hopwood Park after-school activity sessions to return
Date published: 09 January 2018
Children at a 2017 mobile play session at Hopwood Park
The after-school activity and play sessions organised by The Friends of Hopwood Park are set to return on Thursday 1 February.
The sessions, sponsored by Heywood Activities Partnership, were popular last year.
No booking is required, but parents must stay with their children. Snacks are provided.
Each session will cost just 50p per child, and will run every Thursday from 3.30pm - 5.15pm from 1 February until 29 March at St John's Scout Hut.
The fee will go towards the renovation of the bus shelter in the park, which is set to re-open in 2018 as The Tree House Café.
As part of its transformation, the building has undergone extensive repairs, including a new roof, windows, doors, and shutters plus all brickwork repairs and pointing. A new front door is to be fitted on Wednesday (10 January) and electricity will be connected in the next two weeks.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park