York St Tesco Express collecting for Help the Homeless Project Manchester
Date published: 12 January 2018
Staff at the Tesco Express on York Street are collecting items for the Help the Homeless project in Manchester.
The team are going to join the charity on Monday 15 January to help hand out much-needed items, such as rucksacks, gloves, hats, socks, scarves, blankets, toiletries.
Shift leader Charlotte Crabtree said: “This is the first time we’ve been able to join up with them and help hand food and clothing out. Over Christmas, we visited a few of our charities to meet the people and see what they do and how Tesco can support them.”
The Help the Homeless project is just one of five charities that the store supports, alongside Heywood Food Bank, WHAG, PossAbilities and Stepping Stones.
Each charity has their own designated night in which they collect surplus food directly from the store.
If you would like to donate an item, please hand it to a member of staff up until Sunday 14 January.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park