York St Tesco Express collecting for Help the Homeless Project Manchester
Date published: 12 January 2018
Staff at the Tesco Express on York Street are collecting items for the Help the Homeless project in Manchester.
The team are going to join the charity on Monday 15 January to help hand out much-needed items, such as rucksacks, gloves, hats, socks, scarves, blankets, toiletries.
Shift leader Charlotte Crabtree said: “This is the first time we’ve been able to join up with them and help hand food and clothing out. Over Christmas, we visited a few of our charities to meet the people and see what they do and how Tesco can support them.”
The Help the Homeless project is just one of five charities that the store supports, alongside Heywood Food Bank, WHAG, PossAbilities and Stepping Stones.
Each charity has their own designated night in which they collect surplus food directly from the store.
If you would like to donate an item, please hand it to a member of staff up until Sunday 14 January.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley