George Galloway comes to town for Gaza Conference
Date published: 15 January 2009
George Galloway MP is to make a special visit to Rochdale to speak at a Gaza conference, organised by the Ramadhan Foundation.
People from a range of faiths, political parties and personal opinions will join together at the Castlemere Community Centre.
The event, which will include Paul Rowen MP, Councillor Ibrar Khan, Professor Muhammed Nawaz from Muslim Activist London, plus representitives from the Christian and Jewish Communities, is on Sunday 25 January 2009 at 3.00pm
Mr. Mohammed Shafiq, Chief Executive of the Foundation said: “I know how well liked George Galloway MP is and it will be a pleasure to welcome him to Rochdale.
"I urge people of all faiths and those of none to take the time to come to the conference.
"With speakers from all sections of society, it will be a great honour to welcome also representatives from the Jewish and Christian communities to clearly demonstrate that all faiths value human life and what is happening in Gaza is contrary to our faith’s teachings.
"We will also propose a motion to be agreed on urging investigation of war crimes in Gaza committed by either side.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports