Rochdale Observer offices to close
Date published: 10 March 2009
The Rochdale Observer offices on Drake Street are set for closure after MEN Media, the publisher of the Manchester Evening News, the Observer and 21 other North West weekly newspapers, announced that it would be closing all editorial offices of its weekly papers and making 150 employees redundant.
Staff at the Observer were told of the cuts today. Production of the paper will be moved to the MEN offices in central Manchester.
Further office closures will take place in Accrington, Ashton, Macclesfield, Oldham, Rossendale, Salford and Wilmslow and a total of 78 editorial jobs will be axed.
The Guardian Media Group is set to issue a statement later this afternoon.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Explosions heard for miles as M62 is closed due to vehicle fire
- 2The Empire, and 25 Ten Boutique, 'strike back' with fun filled photo shoot
- 3Chloe Campbell has been found safe
- 4Link4Life under fire for offering £5,000 fee for a consultant
- 5RBH guarantees town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if flats are...