PCSO keeps fit with over 60s club
Date published: 06 April 2009
PCSO Dominique Grimes and members of the Alkrington Community Centre Over 60s Club.
Members of Alkrington Community Centre were given a keep fit class with a difference.
The group of 40 were being shown exercising routines by their local Police Community Support Officer.
Former personal trainer, PCSO Dominique Grimes showed the group, all aged 60 and above, simple steps all from the comfort of a chair.
PCSO Grimes, who is part of Middleton Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This was just a really simple keep fit class to show them ways to remain active.
“It was a really enjoyable event for everyone and all of the ladies really got into the spirit of the class.
“As a former boxing coach I know what methods are easy to use for all age groups, which is why I incorporated a few boxing moves into the steps.”
Exercises included in the event included sidestepping as well as work on the arms, legs, neck and shoulders.
PCSO Grimes, said: “They were taught movements that could be done while sitting down and even while ironing or washing up.
“Everyone that took part in the class was given a fitness test before they started to make sure that it was suitable for them and after the class a number of the ladies and gents asked for extra steps that they could do when they got home.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Craig Dawick jailed for life for 'sadistic' murder of baby son
- 2Dead horse on Heywood Old Road sparks police investigation
- 3Fears The Baum may be forced to close
- 4Rochdale Market set to operate three days a week from new Lord Square site
- 5Rochdale Woman of the Year Kath O’Donnell left in 'immense pain' following pain management service...