Rochdale Hornets support ‘It’s Not Okay’ campaign
Date published: 19 June 2017
Rochdale Hornets is among the clubs supporting the ‘It’s Not Okay’ campaign as part of a week of action focussing on sport.
Throughout the week, police and partners will be raising awareness of child sexual exploitation with those that play, watch or coach sport by delivering training sessions, hosting information stalls at local leisure centres and speaking to young players about child sexual exploitation.
Sports clubs will be encouraged to sign and display an ‘It’s Not Okay ‘ charter on their noticeboards, reinforcing their commitment to tackling and preventing child sexual exploitation from happening on their watch.
To report child sexual exploitation, call police on 101 or 999 if a child is in immediate danger. Alternatively, visit www.itsnotokay.co.uk to find contact details for local ‘It’s Not Okay’ team.
Sports organisations can download a charter from:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body of a woman found in Newhey
- 2Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 3Letter: Car park at the Rochdale Leisure Centre
- 4Fly tipping cost over £250,000 to clean up last year
- 5Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...