Council proposing to increase parking charges at Hollingworth Lake by up to 127%
Date published: 11 August 2017
Photo: Greg Couzens
Rochdale Borough Council is proposing to increase charges for parking for at Hollingworth Lake by up to 127%.
The new charges will affect Hollingworth Lake Country Park car park, Lake Bank car park and the Hollingworth Road car park.
Parking for between two and four hours would increase by 67% to £2.00. The charge for staying over four hours would increase by 36% to £3.00. A new charge for staying over six hours would be introduced, and at £5.00 is a 127% increase on the current £2.20.
- Up to two hours £1.00 (currently £0.90)
- Two to four hours £2.00 (currently £1.20)
- Four to six hours £3.00 (currently £2.20)
- Over six hours £5.00 (currently £2.20)
Signs will be placed at all three affected car parks in the next few weeks to signal the start of a 21 day public consultation on the revised charges.
Only responses received during the 21 day consultation period will be considered.
Councillor Richard Farnell, council leader, said: “Changes to long-stay parking charges, to help improve the flow of traffic, are being introduced across all car parks in the borough, including Hollingworth Lake.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trains delayed or cancelled between Manchester Victoria and Todmorden
- 2Laura Coe concerned with planning 'breach' by Persimmon Homes
- 3H Bell ringing the changes with new indoor market
- 4Council spends £8.1 million on Marks and Spencer and Mecca Bingo premises
- 5Pub landlord Eric Hoyle ordered to pay over £8,000 for illegal broadcast of Sky Sports