Mohammed Shafquat Shah charged with firearms offences after car stopped in Rochdale
Date published: 09 November 2017
Mohammed Shafquat Shah has been charged with firearms and drugs offences after a car was stopped off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale on Sunday 5 November.
West Yorkshire Police officers stopped a car just off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale at about 4.30pm on Sunday as part of an ongoing West Yorkshire Police operation.
Armed officers arrested two men in the vehicle on suspicion of firearms offences and recovered an illegally held firearm from the car.
Shah, 29, of Bradford, was remanded in custody to appear at Kirklees Magistrates Court on Tuesday, 7 November).
The second man arrested has been released without charge.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two women arrested after car collides with railings outside Hopwood Hall College
- 2New labour ward bereavement centre opens at The Royal Oldham Hospital
- 3Council tax to increase by a whopping 5.58%
- 4Local taxi driver’s car windows repeatedly smashed over the last month
- 5Police appeal after fatal collision at St Mary's Gate