Mohammed Shafquat Shah charged with firearms offences after car stopped in Rochdale
Date published: 09 November 2017
Mohammed Shafquat Shah has been charged with firearms and drugs offences after a car was stopped off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale on Sunday 5 November.
West Yorkshire Police officers stopped a car just off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale at about 4.30pm on Sunday as part of an ongoing West Yorkshire Police operation.
Armed officers arrested two men in the vehicle on suspicion of firearms offences and recovered an illegally held firearm from the car.
Shah, 29, of Bradford, was remanded in custody to appear at Kirklees Magistrates Court on Tuesday, 7 November).
The second man arrested has been released without charge.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 2"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child