Mohammed Shafquat Shah charged with firearms offences after car stopped in Rochdale
Date published: 09 November 2017
Mohammed Shafquat Shah has been charged with firearms and drugs offences after a car was stopped off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale on Sunday 5 November.
West Yorkshire Police officers stopped a car just off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale at about 4.30pm on Sunday as part of an ongoing West Yorkshire Police operation.
Armed officers arrested two men in the vehicle on suspicion of firearms offences and recovered an illegally held firearm from the car.
Shah, 29, of Bradford, was remanded in custody to appear at Kirklees Magistrates Court on Tuesday, 7 November).
The second man arrested has been released without charge.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn