Foster carers dedication rewarded at special event
Date published: 09 November 2017
Mr and Mrs Shaw, with the Mayor and Mayoress of Rochdale, were thanked for their 15 years' as foster carers
Families from across the borough who have devoted years to fostering children have received long service awards - 23 families were awarded for five years’ service, two for 10 years’ service, one for 15 years and one for 20 years.
They were given their awards by the Mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Ian Duckworth, and Mayoress, Christine Duckworth at the celebration event at Heywood Civic Centre.
The event was fun filled party occasion for all the family with lots of activities for children and a chance to meet other foster carers before the awards were given out.
Tracey Johnson, recruitment manager for the fostering service at Rochdale Council, gave her thanks to all the borough’s carers: “We really enjoy putting on an event like this to recognise the hard work and dedication of our foster carers.”
Councillor Donna Martin, cabinet member for children’s services, paid special thanks to the work of foster carers: “It is so heart-warming that families dedicate so long to caring for the boroughs looked after children... They have all brought so much happiness and hope to our children and young people.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn