Paul Lawson: Coroner rules accidental death
Date published: 22 November 2017
Paul Lawson, who died after a tragic accident at Greenbooth Reservoir in June, died as a result of drowning, and a conclusion of accidental death was recorded by the coroner.
16-year-old Paul, a first-year BTEC Sport student at Hopwood Hall college and avid football player, died on Monday 19 June at Greenbooth Reservoir.
Having previously played for Wardle FC, Paul was a member of the Hopwood Hall Football Academy team at Middleton Campus when he died.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park