Motorbike rider taken to hospital after bike catches fire
Date published: 30 November 2017
A motorbike rider has been taken to hospital after the bike caught fire on Tuesday morning (28 November).
The rider was also involved in a collision with a car on Lees Street, Middleton, when the incident took place.
One fire engine from Chadderton attended and used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said: “We were called at around 11.40am to reports of a motorbike on fire on Lees Road in Middleton.
“Ambulance and fire were in attendance, the road was closed and the driver of the bike was taken to hospital for treatment.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting incident number 684 of 28/11/17.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3Council cabinet members not prepared to serve under new leader
- 4Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 5Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares