Women encouraged to cycle
Date published: 30 November 2017
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is urging women to get on their bikes by offering cycle clubs, groups and not-for-profit organisations the chance to apply for grants of up to £2,500 towards events and activities.
From January through to March 2018 events can be aimed at encouraging complete beginners to give cycling a go, through to women returning to cycling or those who may need a bit more confidence.
This year TfGM is looking for groups to run a whole programme or series of events rather than a one-off, single-day event.
The grants can fund a variety of activities such as bike maintenance sessions, talks and led rides.
The closing date for funding applications is 5pm on Friday 8 December 2017. Only one application will be accepted per group, for a maximum of £2,500.
For more information on how to apply email:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Richard Farnell resigns as Leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 3Opposition leaders respond to Council Leader’s resignation
- 4Letter: Time for Labour to ditch the tactics of Brett, Farnell and Emmott
- 5Keystone Properties and Rochdale Plastics named amongst employers failing to pay national minimum...