Women encouraged to cycle
Date published: 30 November 2017
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is urging women to get on their bikes by offering cycle clubs, groups and not-for-profit organisations the chance to apply for grants of up to £2,500 towards events and activities.
From January through to March 2018 events can be aimed at encouraging complete beginners to give cycling a go, through to women returning to cycling or those who may need a bit more confidence.
This year TfGM is looking for groups to run a whole programme or series of events rather than a one-off, single-day event.
The grants can fund a variety of activities such as bike maintenance sessions, talks and led rides.
The closing date for funding applications is 5pm on Friday 8 December 2017. Only one application will be accepted per group, for a maximum of £2,500.
For more information on how to apply email:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3PC Gareth Roscoe final written warning for gross misconduct
- 4Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell
- 5Letter: How can we take Tony Lloyd seriously as our MP?