The Empire hosting free senior citizens’ Christmas party
Date published: 06 December 2017
The party at the former music hall on Packer Street will be on Wednesday 20 December
The Empire, in Rochdale town centre, is hosting its first free Christmas party for senior citizens on Wednesday 20 December.
The party at the former music hall on Packer Street will be hosted by John Swinden, Rochdale singing jeweller and Man of Rochdale 2017, who will also be treating guests to a short performance.
In addition to tea and coffee, Christmas cake and a buffet, there will be a performance by 60's rock ‘n’ roll band ‘The Knight Crew’. There will also be prize bingo and a raffle with fabulous prizes.
Speaking about the night, Jon 'DaFox' Riley said: "It is our first night for senior citizens. We have been told there's not much for this age group in Rochdale, so we thought why not provide that. We have got the premises and the capacity so it makes sense to provide for those. It should be a great night."
The venue, which was built in 1904, is wheelchair-accessible with disabled access by the entrance, several fire exits, plus disabled toilets and changing area that are readily accessible by all.
Free parking is available outside on the Town Hall car park, with a taxi pick-up point directly outside the building.
Doors open at 7pm until midnight. Over 18s only.
For all other upcoming events at the Empire:
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillor Richard Farnell resigns as Leader of Rochdale Borough Council
- 2Fierce battle raging for leadership of Rochdale Council
- 3Opposition leaders respond to Council Leader’s resignation
- 4Letter: Time for Labour to ditch the tactics of Brett, Farnell and Emmott
- 5Keystone Properties and Rochdale Plastics named amongst employers failing to pay national minimum...