Man found dead on Dyehouse Lane named as Mohammed Aftab
Date published: 26 December 2017
The man who was found dead on Dyehouse Lane in Rochdale on Christmas Day has been named as 21-year-old Mohammed Aftab.
Mr Aftab was found with multiple head injuries and stab wounds to the neck and police have launched a murder investigation.
People with information are being encouraged to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Wilkinson from GMP's Major Incident Team said: "Learning that their son has died has been understandably devastating for the family and our officers continue to support them at this difficult time.
“Due to the time of year, the area wasn’t as busy as usual but there are people out there who know exactly how Mohammed’s life was tragically taken and I cannot stress the importance that they contact us.
“Since the call came in, the dedicated team of officers have been working tirelessly on this case and will continue to do so until we track down those responsible and make them answer for this horrific crime.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0161 856 9908 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale man part of jailed heroin ring
- 2Two men charged with attempted murder following an axe attack
- 3Uproar as Fusilier Lee Rigby memorial in Woolwich removed by local council
- 4Uninsured driver let off lightly after splitting car in two
- 5Coroner rules misadventure as cause of death after woman fell off bridge