Arrest made in connection with murder of Mohammed Aftab
Date published: 29 December 2017
A man has been arrested in connection with the murder of Mohammed Aftab in Rochdale.
Police arrested a 26-year-old man in the Preston area on suspicion of murder at around 11pm on Thursday (28 December).
He remains in custody for questioning.
Mohammed’s body was found on Dyehouse Lane at around 8:15am on Monday (25 December).
The 21-year-old was found with multiple head injuries and stab wounds to his neck.
Detective Inspector Dave Meeney of GMP’s Major Incident Team said: “Since Mohammed Aftab’s body was found we have been carrying out extensive enquiries to establish the exact circumstances surrounding his death.
“We have now made an arrest and we currently have a 26-year-old man in custody on suspicion of murder. He will be questioned later today.
“However our investigation continues and I would continue to ask that anybody with information comes forward and contacts police.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0161 856 9908 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park