Flying Scotsman returning to Castleton
Date published: 08 January 2018
The Flying Scotsman
The 60103, Flying Scotsman, travels from York to Castleton with its support coach on Monday (8 January).
The iconic train will pass through the Aire valley (Keighley 12.44) and reverse at Hellifield (13.19-14.38) from where its tender to Preston (16.07-17.25).
It passes Golborne Junction at 17.51.
It arrives at Castleton at 18.42, and will be at Hopwood Ground Frame at 20:00.
The Ground Frame is the method of changing a points using a lever, on the ground adjacent to the actual point, instead of the signal box changing it.
This is the limit of the main line before it changes to the East Lancs private railway line.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child