Fire at the Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre
Date published: 09 January 2018
The Wheatsheaf Centre Shopping Centre
A fire in the entrance of the Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre on Monday (8 January) was caused by an electric motor powering a roller shutter door on a ground floor store.
Three fire engines from Rochdale and Heywood attended and firefighters used a hearth kit and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the fire.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child