Man died from multiple injuries after falling from bridge
Date published: 05 March 2018
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Bridge on Queen’s Park Road
A local man died from multiple injuries after falling from a bridge, a coroner has ruled.
Andrew Michael Jackson, 42, left home at around 10pm on 9 September 2017, and drove to Queen’s Park Bridge, Heywood, where he climbed onto the bridge balustrade.
He entered into a conversation with a concerned passer-by and as he reached to shake his hand fell from the bridge.
Despite resuscitation attempts, Mr Jackson died underneath Queen’s Park Bridge, Heywood a short time later.
An inquest hearing at the Coroner's Court in Heywood on 28 February heard that Mr Jackson, a roofer from Heywood, had a long standing problem with alcohol, and further difficulties in his home life caused strain on his relationships.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference