Healthwatch Rochdale 'Enter and View' visit at Healey Surgery
Date published: 08 March 2018
Healey Surgery, Whitworth Road, Rochdale
Healthwatch Rochdale 'Enter and View' representatives visited Healey Surgery, Whitworth Road, Rochdale.
Observational findings evidenced a good standard of care and dignity for patients, with wheelchair access and clean toilet facilities available but also highlighted areas of improvement with recommendations being made in areas of communication and infection control.
Enter and View representatives spoke to patients, staff members and the practice manager during the visit exploring topics such as access and booking appointments, patient involvement, quality of care and any areas for improvement.
Patients spoke of their difficulty in obtaining appointments with 64% of respondents saying they found it difficult to get urgent on the day appointments. However, 73% of patients said once they got an appointment they felt well listened to and the information they received was helpful.
Healthwatch Rochdale made five recommendations for improvement included promoting the online appointment booking sytem and ensuring the availability of hand sanitising gel in toilets and at the entrance.
The full report can be downloaded below.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 4Plan to link Middleton to tram network
- 5For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves