Man charged with murder
Date published: 13 May 2018
Crime Scene Investigation at Lower Falinge
A man has been charged with the murder of a man on the Lower Falinge estate.
Nathan Bradbury (02/02/1999), of no fixed abode, has been charged with murder he appeared at Manchester City Magistrates’ Court on Saturday (12 May).
He has also been charged with a section 47 assault arising from the same incident.
Shortly before 9:40pm on Wednesday 9 May 2018, police were called to an address on Melrose in Rochdale to reports of men fighting.
Officers attended and found a man with stab wounds.
The man, who has since been formally identified as 25-year-old Matthew Shaw, was taken to hospital where he died.
An investigation was launched and enquiries remain ongoing.
An 18-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Man charged with murder of a woman
- 3Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad