Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds
Date published: 20 June 2018
Arrests have been made following serious anti-social behaviour linked to offenders riding stolen mopeds.
Police responded to reports of three off-road bikes driving erratically in Rochdale at around 1.50pm on Tuesday,
and a police pursuit began which ended on Halifax Road, Littleborough.
Two men, aged 18 and 19 were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
Superintendent Chris Hill, of GMP, said: “We will relentlessly pursue individuals who think they can act without impunity and whose reckless behaviour blights communities.
“I would like to thank members of the public who have assisted us with our enquiries.
“While we have made arrests, it’s vital that people who see this kind of anti-social behaviour in their area, report this to police on 0161 856 7771.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child