Car collides with house on Queensway
Date published: 09 July 2018
One car collided with a house
A car hit a house on Queensway during a collision with another car at around 8pm on Sunday (8 July).
A grey BMW 335D had collided with a silver Toyota Corolla, which then collided with a house, and a gas pipe was damaged.
All emergency services were called to the scene, and a number of houses nearby were evacuated as a precaution whilst the gas pipe was inspected by an engineer from Cadent.
No leak was found and residents returned to their homes a short time later.
Occupants of the vehicles had removed themselves prior to the arrival of the fire service, who made both cars safe before leaving shortly before midnight. The road was reopened shortly after 10.30pm.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said: “We were called at 8.05pm to reports of a two car collision on Queensway. We sent one ambulance and a Hazardous Area Response Team, but we didn’t take anyone to hospital.”
Cadent has also been contacted for comment.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child