Major company to move to Kingsway Business Park
Date published: 23 July 2009
Artists impression a Kingsway plot
The Kingsway Business Park could have its next major company signed up within days according to regeneration council portfolio holder Councillor Mohammed Shariff.
Talks are also apparently well advanced with another major company who are expected to move into one of the vacant units – a major announcement is to be made soon.
A new marketing suite is to be erected on Sir Isaac Newton Way to replace the current ‘temporary’ suite.
Two planning applications have recently been submitted to the Council and the Kingsway Team is also negotiating with “several” other companies who are interested in large units on plots D and I, near the existing Vindon and Takeuchi units.
The Kingsway Team is also understood to be in talks with GMPTE about a Metrolink stop being built on the site.
A clearly delighted Councillor Shariff said: "Kingsway is prgressing well, a lot of companies are showing interest and one, possibly two, major companies will be signed up very soon. We are not releasing the names as yet because we are respecting their request for confidentiality."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested on suspicion of murder after body of a woman found in Newhey
- 2Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 3Letter: Car park at the Rochdale Leisure Centre
- 4Fly tipping cost over £250,000 to clean up last year
- 5Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...