Major company to move to Kingsway Business Park
Date published: 23 July 2009
Artists impression a Kingsway plot
The Kingsway Business Park could have its next major company signed up within days according to regeneration council portfolio holder Councillor Mohammed Shariff.
Talks are also apparently well advanced with another major company who are expected to move into one of the vacant units – a major announcement is to be made soon.
A new marketing suite is to be erected on Sir Isaac Newton Way to replace the current ‘temporary’ suite.
Two planning applications have recently been submitted to the Council and the Kingsway Team is also negotiating with “several” other companies who are interested in large units on plots D and I, near the existing Vindon and Takeuchi units.
The Kingsway Team is also understood to be in talks with GMPTE about a Metrolink stop being built on the site.
A clearly delighted Councillor Shariff said: "Kingsway is prgressing well, a lot of companies are showing interest and one, possibly two, major companies will be signed up very soon. We are not releasing the names as yet because we are respecting their request for confidentiality."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Man charged with murder of a woman
- 3Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad