Overnight Metrolink works in July
Date published: 08 July 2013
Overnight works required as part of the overall testing programme for the overhead power lines installed along the Metrolink route is due to take place on several evenings in July, currently anticipated to be the 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, and the also weekend of 20 and 21 July - these dates may change as work progresses.
The overnight work will be undertaken between the hours of midnight and 7am during engineering hours when there are no passenger services in operation to Rochdale Railway Station stop.
The work will take place along the route of the Rochdale town centre Metrolink extension, from the railway station to Smith Street. Metrolink does not anticipate this work causing disturbance to local residents, however, workers and equipment may be seen on site on site during these times.
The installed overhead line equipment is to be considered as 'live at all times'.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Craig Dawick jailed for life for 'sadistic' murder of baby son
- 2Dead horse on Heywood Old Road sparks police investigation
- 3Fears The Baum may be forced to close
- 4Rochdale Market set to operate three days a week from new Lord Square site
- 5Rochdale Woman of the Year Kath O’Donnell left in 'immense pain' following pain management service...