Rochdale Online buys The Daily Rochdale
Date published: 10 April 2014
Rochdale Online has bought The Daily Rochdale from owner Martin Ballard for an undisclosed fee. However, as part of the deal, Mr Ballard has become a shareholder in Rochdale Online.
The Daily Rochdale was set up in 2013 by Mr Ballard to promote positive news about the town and included features on sport and fashion as well as highlights from national news.
Rochdale Online, the borough's most popular news and information website, set up in 1998, already covered the ground, and much more, that The Daily Rochdale was attempting to cover and hence it made good business sense for the two to join forces rather than compete for local advertising revenue.
Rochdale Online Managing Director Pauline Journeaux said: "We are delighted to have agreed a deal with Martin and welcome him on board. He is full of great ideas and wants the best for Rochdale and we are therefore very much looking forward to working with him."
Martin Ballard said: "Joining forces with Rochdale Online was the right thing to do. I am proud of what The Daily Rochdale achieved but it made sense to accept Rochdale Online's offer. They have a hugely popular website and do a lot for the good of the borough of Rochdale, and to be a part of that going forward is very exciting."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 2Four men arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after man attacked with axe
- 3Narrow lanes on M62 near Rochdale removed as smart motorway scheme nears completion
- 4Regal Moon pub submits planning application to expand into neighbouring former hairdressers
- 5Sakandar Khan charged with sexual assault