Midland Beer Company charity race night in aid of Castleton Methodist Church
Date published: 18 December 2015
A charity race night and collection, organised by Midland Beer Company, raised £1,250, which, along with presents, has been donated to Castleton Methodist Church.
Held on Saturday 12 December, the event at Woolworth's Social Club included an auction race, music and entertainment.
Speaking about the event, Chris Charters, manager and licensee of Midland Beer Company, said: “Staff, customers and friends of the Midland were extremely generous and the amount raised was more than I expected. Bob Ashton and Nick Simpson, of Woolworth's Social Club, were exemplary in their effort in running the race night and made it fun and ran the event very smoothly.”
Chris decided to raise money for the church after a break in saw them left with little funds and equipment.
He said: “I particularly felt empathy for the church and its members after they had all of their funds and equipment stolen. It is an extremely community based church and good cause.”
The money was presented to the church on Monday 14 December.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Abid Hussain jailed for 16 and a half years for conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs
- 2Rochdale Sixth Form College 99% A-level pass rate and outstanding Oxbridge success
- 3Mecca Rochdale pays out £1.42m in prize money
- 4Rochdale town centre door staff to wear bodycams
- 5Thousands of jobs at Wilko at risk