Midland Beer Company charity race night in aid of Castleton Methodist Church
Date published: 18 December 2015
A charity race night and collection, organised by Midland Beer Company, raised £1,250, which, along with presents, has been donated to Castleton Methodist Church.
Held on Saturday 12 December, the event at Woolworth's Social Club included an auction race, music and entertainment.
Speaking about the event, Chris Charters, manager and licensee of Midland Beer Company, said: “Staff, customers and friends of the Midland were extremely generous and the amount raised was more than I expected. Bob Ashton and Nick Simpson, of Woolworth's Social Club, were exemplary in their effort in running the race night and made it fun and ran the event very smoothly.”
Chris decided to raise money for the church after a break in saw them left with little funds and equipment.
He said: “I particularly felt empathy for the church and its members after they had all of their funds and equipment stolen. It is an extremely community based church and good cause.”
The money was presented to the church on Monday 14 December.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 3Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 4Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares
- 5Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell