Rochdale Judo Club impress in BJA NW Area Ippon League
Date published: 11 October 2017
Gold for Dave Hulme and Silver medal for Noa Docherty, Rochdale Judo Club
Rochdale Judo Club had a successful day at the first Ippon League held by the BJA NW Area at Blackburn Leisure Centre on Sunday.
Dave Hulme won gold in style with ashi-waza techniques.
Isobel Kitchen also took home a gold medal winning all her fights with impressive ippons.
Jake Brearley impressed, taking on more experienced judoka, winning a silver medal.
Noa Docherty came home with a wealth of experience along with a silver medal.
In his first ever contest, Kajus Latakas put in a superb performance to win silver.
Warren Schofield, chairman of Rochdale Judo Club, said: "I am impressed with all our judokas in the way they conducted themselves, they are all true sportspeople."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3Council cabinet members not prepared to serve under new leader
- 4Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 5Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares