Football: Andrew Kelly and Jim Marsh step down from Rochdale AFC Board of Directors
Date published: 13 October 2017
Andrew Kelly and Jim Marsh have stepped down from the Rochdale AFC Board of Directors - both have accepted a Vice President role.
Mr Kelly, 74, served on the club’s Board for 12-years.
Mr Marsh, who celebrated his 90th birthday recently, dedicated more than 40 years of service.
Chairman Chris Dunphy commented: “Andrew was a loyal servant of the club and worked tirelessly in assisting and developing the Academy, and I would like to thank him for his commitment over the last 12-years. We hope that Andrew enjoys spending more time with his family and I wish him well for the future.
“I would also like to place on record my personal thanks to Jim Marsh. I have known Jim for nearly 40 years and for the majority of that time we have both been Board members.
“Jim was Chairman of the Board for a short time in the 1980s when the club needed stability after Tommy Cannon had briefly held the Chairman’s post. It was a time when the very existence of the football club was at risk and Jim put his hand on the tiller and safely guided the club until a new board member was formed.
“Jim has been a valued member of the current board and he has contributed greatly to our survival and our success over a very long period of time.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 2Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services
- 3Heart attack victim Keith Fletcher thanks Rochdale Exchange team for saving his life
- 4Can you help find Molly - a lost Collie from Castleton
- 5Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images