Football: Rochdale manager Keith Hill acknowledges Dale face stiff test against Fleetwood
Date published: 13 October 2017
Rochdale manager Keith Hill
Rochdale head to Fleetwood on Saturday looking to get back on track after Rotherham put an end to a five game unbeaten run last weekend.
Fleetwood are ninth in the table with six wins and a draw from their opening eleven games, whilst Dale still languish close to the relegation zone in 18th with just two wins from their opening 12 games.
Rochdale manager Keith Hill acknowledges that Dale will be facing a stiff test. He said: "We are facing good opposition.
“Fleetwood are a good club and they are on the front foot going forward. They were very, very unfortunate not to get promoted last season. They were in the top two/top three for most of the season and they plateaued out at the wrong time of the season and lost all of their momentum, but they have picked it up again this season.
“Fleetwood and Bradford are two teams that the rest of the top six should be really aware of and wary of this season.”
Former Dale defender Ashley Eastham lines up for Fleetwood and says he is "relishing" the opportunity of playing against his former team.
He said Rochdale are an “extremely dangerous side”. He added: “I know the way Keith’s teams play. They are a high-pressing and very energetic side. They don’t give you much time on the ball, so we need to be right up for it on Saturday and start the game well.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local schools affected by the collapse of Carillion
- 2Teenage boy taken to hospital after collision - Manchester Road closed
- 3Forthcoming roadworks on Smithy Bridge Road and Old Road will cause disruption and delays
- 4Councillors Sara Rowbotham and Daalat Ali appointed deputy leaders of Rochdale Borough Council
- 5Do not hold your nose and close your mouth when you sneeze, doctors warn