Hockey: Bury Men’s 1 - 4 Rochdale Men’s
Date published: 25 October 2017
Andrew Borritt: Bury Men’s Firsts 1 v 4 Rochdale Men’s Hockey Firsts
Despite an ill-disciplined and disjointed first half display, and playing for most of the half with ten men, Rochdale's second half performance gave them victory over Bury.
Rochdale took an early lead when a drive into the Bury D by Mark Eden, saw his ball across the face of goal deflected in by James Shepherd.
Bury equalised before half time.
The second half saw Rochdale turn the screw and they quickly retook the lead when a short corner was struck by captain Michael Waddicor into the bottom right hand corner.
This was quickly followed by Rochdale's Richard Borritt being the first to react at the back post and sweeping the ball into the net for 3-1.
After an Eden shot rebounded of the Bury keeper, Rochdale again were quickest to react, this time it was Kieran King who smashed the ball from top D into the back of the net leaving the Bury keeper no chance.
Captain Michael Waddicor: "We had the majority of the possession and were mostly in control of the game in the second half.
“We let ourselves down in the first half with poor discipline.
"James Shepherd played a great game, but Andrew Borritt gets the Oulderhill Leisure Centre man-of-the-match for organising the defence and keeping the discipline tight throughout the game."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 4For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds