Hockey: Bury Men’s 1 - 4 Rochdale Men’s
Date published: 25 October 2017
Andrew Borritt: Bury Men’s Firsts 1 v 4 Rochdale Men’s Hockey Firsts
Despite an ill-disciplined and disjointed first half display, and playing for most of the half with ten men, Rochdale's second half performance gave them victory over Bury.
Rochdale took an early lead when a drive into the Bury D by Mark Eden, saw his ball across the face of goal deflected in by James Shepherd.
Bury equalised before half time.
The second half saw Rochdale turn the screw and they quickly retook the lead when a short corner was struck by captain Michael Waddicor into the bottom right hand corner.
This was quickly followed by Rochdale's Richard Borritt being the first to react at the back post and sweeping the ball into the net for 3-1.
After an Eden shot rebounded of the Bury keeper, Rochdale again were quickest to react, this time it was Kieran King who smashed the ball from top D into the back of the net leaving the Bury keeper no chance.
Captain Michael Waddicor: "We had the majority of the possession and were mostly in control of the game in the second half.
“We let ourselves down in the first half with poor discipline.
"James Shepherd played a great game, but Andrew Borritt gets the Oulderhill Leisure Centre man-of-the-match for organising the defence and keeping the discipline tight throughout the game."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Body of a man discovered at Oxford Drive
- 2Collision between tram and car on Drake Street suspends Metrolink services
- 3Heart attack victim Keith Fletcher thanks Rochdale Exchange team for saving his life
- 4Can you help find Molly - a lost Collie from Castleton
- 5Paul Wayne Fettig charged with possessing indecent photographs of children and extreme images