Daisi Daniels at British Independent Schools Indoor Ski Championship
Date published: 02 November 2017
Daisi, 15, won the U16 age category and fastest female at the British Independent Indoor Ski Championships
Rochdale skiing champion Daisi Daniels has brought home another medal from the British Independent Indoor Ski Championships.
In addition to being awarded the fastest female, Daisi, 15, also won the U16 age category, and has been selected for Great Britain at the Children’s International Race in Andorra next year.
Earlier this year, the Beech House pupil won a gold medal at the National Schools Indoor Skiing Championships after she was crowned the champion of the U16 Delancey British Children’s Alpine Ski Championship in Tignes, France. She also won the overall title for the third year running in Slalom and Giant slalom with three golds in the Anglo Scottish Cup and the Artemis British Ski Academy Championships.
Her achievements for the year have also included taking three super G titles at the Evolution Speed Races, winning three fourth place medals at the International Races, and placing second at the English Championships in Italy.
Daisi, who trains with the British Ski Academy in Pila, Italy and at Chillfactore in Manchester, was also awarded the Jack Wilkinson Young Achiever Award at the Mayor of Whitworth’s Annual Celebration and Awards Evening in April.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 4Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds