Judo: Izzy Haigh and James Oldham win gold
Date published: 08 November 2017
Judo Jackson brought home a haul of medals
Izzy Haigh and James Oldham, Judokas from Judo Jackson, won gold at the North West Area Green Belt and Under Championships on Saturday (4 November).
Haigh won all of her fights to bring home gold, becoming competition champion in her weight category.
Oldham, in his first ever competition, also achieved gold to become champion of his weight category, and also going on to win bronze in a higher grade, totalling 10 fights.
Connor Davies won silver.
Ellis Perrin, in his first ever competition, won bronze.
Daniel Travis won bronze.
A club spokesperson sad: "They all performed excellently with each of them bringing home a medal.
"All at Judo Jackson are immensely proud of each and everyone of them."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park