Football: Rochdale Sacred Heart FC facility to reopen following storm damage
Date published: 28 November 2017
The Football Foundation
Rochdale Sacred Heart FC will officially reopen one of its pitches on Tuesday 5 December at 2.00pm, following repairs after damage caused by Storm Desmond in late 2015.
Storm Desmond caused severe flooding to the club’s junior training area, which already had poor drainage capacity. This meant that the club’s Under-10 teams and Youth Academy couldn’t use the facility for training or matches.
A grant of £17,450 from the Emergency Football Relief Fund (EFRF) enabled Rochdale Sacred Heart FC to complete a pitch renovation project which included the removal of rubble from the playing surface, levelling works and installing a brand new drainage system.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3PC Gareth Roscoe final written warning for gross misconduct
- 4Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell
- 5Letter: How can we take Tony Lloyd seriously as our MP?