Football: Rochdale Sacred Heart FC facility to reopen following storm damage
Date published: 28 November 2017
The Football Foundation
Rochdale Sacred Heart FC will officially reopen one of its pitches on Tuesday 5 December at 2.00pm, following repairs after damage caused by Storm Desmond in late 2015.
Storm Desmond caused severe flooding to the club’s junior training area, which already had poor drainage capacity. This meant that the club’s Under-10 teams and Youth Academy couldn’t use the facility for training or matches.
A grant of £17,450 from the Emergency Football Relief Fund (EFRF) enabled Rochdale Sacred Heart FC to complete a pitch renovation project which included the removal of rubble from the playing surface, levelling works and installing a brand new drainage system.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park