Hockey: St Helen's Men’s Firsts 6 - 0 Rochdale Men’s Seconds
Date published: 05 December 2017
St. Helens Hockey Men’s Firsts 6 v 0 Rochdale Men’s Seconds
Rochdale Seconds were defeated by St Helens Firsts as the team currently sitting in second place in the division showed why.
With Bjorne Brauns called up to the first team the experienced Tim Liptrot replaced him in the Rochdale team.
Using the ball well and at speed, St Helen's took control of the game and by half time Rochdale had it all to do trailing by 3-0.
Despite a spirited performance in the second half, chances were sparse for the Rochdale strikers and St Helens scored three more without reply.
Captain Karl Wynn said: "This was another tough day, but we have a game in hand and have a good idea how to adjust our set up for each team. The second half of the season should see us come strong and achieve a top six finish."
The Atticus Trophies man-of-the-match went to Andy Meanock.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell
- 4PC Gareth Roscoe final written warning for gross misconduct
- 5Letter: How can we take Tony Lloyd seriously as our MP?